Pages

Friday, March 2, 2007

Black Cupcakes (Chocolate)

Happy Lunar New Year!!!

My apologies for the long break as I seldom cook these passed weeks. What I have been busy about is not with my wok and pans but rather with my new toy, the oven. Those who has been visiting my other blog knows that I am into baking these days. Have been experimenting with a few recipes and thought I should share some of the successful ones with my dear readers here.

Got this recipe from one of the site (lost the link) and it was by Donna Hay. For those of you who loves chocolate, this is a must try recipe.





.
Ingredients

  • 125g Butter

  • 3/4 cup Sugar

  • 2 Eggs

  • 1 1/4 cup Flour

  • 1 tsp Baking powder

  • 2 tbsp Cocoa powder

  • 1/4 cup Milk

  • 100g Dark chocolate

.
Methods

  1. Mix butter and sugar and beat until light and creamy (use a mixer)

  2. Gradually add the eggs and mix well

  3. Sift over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and beat until combined

  4. Fold through the milk, stir in the dark chocolate and spoon the mixture into medium muffin pan.

  5. Bake at 320F or 160C for 12-15 minutes.

9 comments:

  1. cakes edi? what's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum... yum... I don't have oven to bake lah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah i like looks simple i wanna do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiyoh.... hungry liow la... tea time pulak. wish i had those cup cakes here... ngam to go with my tea la... haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh, where is my previous comment ah? anyway, just want to say I WANT THOSE CUP CAKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sasha,
    more more stuff with oven! :P

    beckysmum,
    go get a small one!!!

    laundryamah,
    you just have to try baking these, damn yummy and choolatey!

    angeline,
    come come, i give you some! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look lovely!!! So perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your recipe! Laundryamah make it and I tasted one, yuMMy!
    I'll try it out this weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesslyn,

    Hope you have great cuppies for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete