Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Speedy Rice Cooker Chicken Rice

For everyone of us who loves to cook too have lazy days when we just don't feel like labouring in the kitchen. Sometimes when I have too much too do, but still have to put food on the table, I will pick my speedy menus and one of it is this all time favourite, Chicken Rice in the rice cooker!

I used to cook Hainanese Chicken rice which has quite a few steps but taste wise is much better. However, my kids don't really complain if the same ingredients are there so mommy do cheat a little once in a while! :lol:

The rice cooker can be so versatile these days especially those labelled as Smart Cooker. You can bake, slow cook and do a whole lot more in it but they don't come cheap. For me, a rice cooker is just to cook rice :P

.



.

I so love this speedy chicken rice recipe that I cook at least once a week! Limited ingredients but packed a punch :)

My 10 cups rice cooker was in the 'hospital' so I have to use my 5 cups rice cooker hence I can only cook 3 cups of rice with half of a medium chicken.

.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups Rice + Water

  • ½ medium Chicken

  • 2 Pandan leaves (screwpine)

  • Ginger - thumb size (slightly smashed)

  • 3 cloves garlic (slightly smashed with skin on) - optional

  • 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine

  • Salt to taste

  • Sliced cucumber for garnishing

.

Methods

  1. Wash rice and fill with water per your regular white rice recipe (depending on your rice cooker) but remove about 2 tablespoon as the chicken meat will release juice into the rice.

  2. Marinade chicken with some salt and Chinese rice wine.

  3. Sprinkle some salt, add in the pandan leaves, ginger and garlic and mix inside the rice and cook per normal.

  4. When the water starts to bubbles, place chicken piece on top of the bubbling rice, cover.

  5. Once the rice is cooked, leave it for 10 more minutes before you remove the chicken pieces and stir the rice.

  6. Chicken rice is ready to go with cucumber and vinaigrette chilies paste!

.

.

.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment