Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

'Ngai' Leaf Egg Omelette

I was asking mom why she did not cook any vegetables for me and she said I can't take any vegetables yet until 7 days post partum. The weather was pretty unforgiving the past weeks with lots of rain which resulted in the availability and rising cost of vegetables in the market. Since mom has limited stuff to cook this time (also due to all the yadda-yadda of not to cook this ingredients or that ingredients), she has to find alternatives.

Luckily in my mom's small garden, there were some 'Ngai' plants growing (I don't have the scientific name for this plant) but the leaf's shape is like those of chrysanthemum. It was believed that these green leafy has the 'wind expelling' agent similar to Basil leaf. It tasted a little bitter but have a very fragrant aroma. To make it taste even better, my mom added them into egg omelette together with some glutinous rice wine... and it is yummy! :)

.

.

Ingredients

  • 2 Eggs

  • 50g 'Ngai' leaf

  • 1tsp Glutinous rice wine

  • Salt for taste

  • Sesame seed oil

.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok with some sesame seed oil and stir fry the 'Ngai' leaves for about 1 minute on medium fire.

  2. Beat egg, add in salt and pour onto the leaves to form omelette.

  3. When omelette is turning golden, sprinkle the glutinous rice wine over and serve hot.

3 comments:

  1. I like this herbs. We Hokkien call is "Hia".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I have no idea! :P

    I am still searching for the scientific name/English name for this plant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ngai leaf = artemisia annua

    ReplyDelete