Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Peppered Pork Slices (Confinement Dish)

Wow! It has been 2 months since I last posted anything here! My sincere apology!

Well, currently I am 2 weeks post natal and I am still on confinement. There are still a lot of adjustment needed juggling 2 kids now and in another 2 weeks, I will be on my own when I return home to Penang. I can't imagine my days ahead!

I count my blessings as my mom is helping me with my confinement now so I know I am in good hands. This time we decided to do it as simple as possible since my mom is baby sitting my nephew and also helping me to care for Darrius as I am not allowed to do heavy chores. One of the things I enjoyed during this period is of course those yummy confinement food which we can't really consume when we are not in confinement! As most of these dishes are rated as 'extremely heaty' during normal days, some of us only can take them once in a while while not in confinement.

Since I don't get to eat these special dishes all the time, I just want to share it with those of you who are looking for some simple yet delicious confinement dishes which you can incorporate into your confinement menu especially for those of you who did not engage a confinement lady to help. One of my favorite is this peppered pork dish which I have been having almost any other day!

The other reason why I prefer to have pepper over ginger is because my baby is suffering from newborn jaundice and I was 'advised' by some to limit my ginger intake for the first 10 days post natal.

.

.

Ingredients

  • 200g Pork loin (Sliced thinly and slightly knocked with the back of a cleaver)

  • 10g Peppercorns (crushed)

  • 3tbsp  Sesame seed oil

  • Light soy sauce for taste

  • Corn starch

  • 1tbsp Glutinous rice wine (optional)

.

Methods

  1. Cut the pork loin into thin slices, knocked with the back of cleaver and marinade with the crushed peppercorns, some light soy sauce and some glutinous rice wine for 15 minutes.

  2. Heat up sesame seed oil in frying pan, sprinkle some corn starch onto the sliced marinated pork before frying on medium low heat till cook.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I discovered your blogs few months back, and I was looking for your new post since a couple of months ago. :)
    Nice to hear that you've got your new born. Take care ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!

    I had this dish when I had my 2nd confinement. I just love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Little Inbox!

    Debbie,
    My all time fav too!

    ReplyDelete