Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Asam Prawns

We had a crustaceans fiesta last weekend. As I wanted to clear the Prima Taste DIY Singapore Chilli Crab since the expiry date is drawing near and PiggyBeng was craving for some prawns. So we went to the market and grabbed some crabs and prawns and had chilli crabs on Saturday and asam prawns on Sunday. I prepared the chilli crabs and PiggyBeng was the chef for the asam prawns.

This was one of PiggyBeng's 'specialities' and it tasted so yummy that I wallup almost 3/4 of it!






.
Ingredients

  • 10-12pcs Big Prawns (Tiger Prawns) - cut the shell along the 'spine line' lightly so the sauce is able to sip into the prawns

  • 20-30g Tamarind (add 8tbsp water to get the juice)

  • 1/4tsp Black soy sauce

  • 1tbsp Brown sugar

.
Methods

  1. Mix tamarind juice with black soy sauce and brown sugar.

  2. Clean prawns and dried them using some kitchen towel before marinade for 20-30 minutes in the tamarind juice mixture.

  3. Heat up wok with 2tbsp oil on medium fire, slowly place the prawns and let them fry on slow fire till cooked. Lift up when cooked.

  4. Pour the remaining marinade juice into the wok and sti till boil and glaze the cooked prawns.

5 comments:

  1. [...] fiesta… one dish cooked by me and another by PiggyBeng. Yeah, PiggyBeng wanna show one of his ’speciality’ and to make him even happier, I told him I will post his ‘dish’ [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no..both also so pandai cook wan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks so yummy. This asam prawn has been one of my most favourite dishes. Your recipe is slightly diferent from mine and i'm gonna give it a try tonight! hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] cooking that much last week so ended up I don’t have extra rice for the fried rice so I cook Asam Prawn instead since PiggyBeng and Darrius loves those. Happened that day I was out the whole day (brought [...]

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] managed to put up a speed Bento for Darrius on Saturday. My Ah Beng cooked some Asam Prawns so I gave some to Darrius knowing he loves eating prawns. He had some UFO Soup to go with his bento [...]

    ReplyDelete