Pages

Monday, April 2, 2007

White Fungus Soup

It has been a long time since I prepare this soup. This is actually one of my favourite too as I like the spongy yet crunchy feel of the white fungus.

I took a lot of white fungus during my pregnancy because my ex-boss was telling me that she took a lot when she was having her 2nd child and the girl actually have very smooth and fair skin.... Guess she is quite right as my Darrius does have smooth and fair skin...

So..... preggy mommies, remember to eat more white fungus if you want smooth and fair skin babies!




.
Ingredients

  • 50g White fungus (get those with slightly yellow tone)

  • 300g Pork ribs or Chicken pieces

  • 80g Lotus seeds

  • 10pcs Red dates (pitted)

  • 15g Chinese Wolfberry

  • 2.5-3L Water

  • Salt to taste

.
Methods

  1. Soak white fungus in water for 10 minutes till it soften and cut away the harden area at the bottom. ut into smaller clusters if it is a big piece.

  2. When water is boiling, put in ribs or chicken pieces and let it boil for 5 minutes.

  3. Add in fungus, lotus seeds and red dates and continue to boil on small fire for 2 hours.

  4. When ready, just before you switch of the fire, add in the wolfberry and cover.

Notes: Do not boil wolfberry for too long or it will give a sourish taste to the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment