Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stuffed Pork Skin in Chilies Bean Sauce

I love to eat fried pork skin but I've never tried cooking them before. Then, last weekend, while I walked past the stall, I saw them and can't resist and bought a packet and some fish paste too. Pork skin taste good even if you just dump them in the soup but being an adventurous person, I tried to come up with something unusual....

.



Ingredients

  • 200g Pork skin

  • 150g Fish paste

  • 50g Ginger - chopped finely

  • 3pcs Red Chilies (add a cili padi if you like) - chopped finely

  • 1/2 bulb of Garlic - chopped finely

  • 1.5tbsp Tau chu or bean paste

  • Corn flour

  • Water



Methods

  1. Cut pork skin to desired size, sprinkle some corn flour on the surface where you will spread the fish paste so it will hold them together.

  2. Heat up wok with some oil, on medium fire, place stuffed pork skin with the fish paste face down and lightly fry till cook. Remove from wok.

  3. Heat up 2tbsp of oil and saute the garlic, ginger and chilies till fragrant, add in the bean paste, stir and add in around 1/2 cup of water and let simmer for a while before putting the cooked stuffed pork skin and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Aiyo nice but high colesterol eh? anyway can u tah pau for me and bring for me this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. like sasha said, doesnt pork skin = high cholesterol? but it looks good lar. i envy you got the time to cook. i hardly do cooking no more. just buy or cook very simple simple dishes only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha,
    how to ta-pau??? Not everyday can find pork skin and I only go market once a week... so depends on luck one! Aiyah... eat a little won't kill lar! :P According to my mom, pork skin is very nutritional wor... in what I've no idea! LOL

    Anna,
    My tai-siu-yeh (PB) wants home cooked food everyday so no choice lar... I tried to cook. On most days it's soup and steamed fish... easier... only when I managed to get other ingredients then I will dish out more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pork skin is the raw pork skin?

    You are really so creative with food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,

    Welcome!
    Yeap, all raw and must be cooked b4 consuming.
    Very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah piangg...so long never come here.....no more cooking nowadays, but someday i will return haha.....

    eh pigskin is yummy leh with the stuffed stuff

    ReplyDelete