Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bitter-gourd Omelette

I knew that not many people likes the taste of bitter-gourd... that includes my PiggyBeng. He was pouting when I told him there were slices of bitter-gourd in the egg omelette I just prepared. :(

Well, bitter-gourd don't taste that bad if one knows how to get rid of the bitterness. I learned this from my mom. She taught me that before slicing, make sure to clear away the seeds and the entire 'white cottony' area. Then sliced it thinly. This will somehow limit the bitter after-taste if there's any. Sometimes, I don't even taste the bitterness at all! :)


.



Ingredients

  • 1/2 Bitter-gourd (medium size)

  • 3 pcs Eggs (beaten)

  • Salt and pepper to taste

.
Methods

  1. Heat up wok with 2-3 tbsp oil.

  2. Stir-fry bitter-gourd slices until it beginning to turn brownish (sprinkle with some salt midway)

  3. Beat eggs with some salt and pepper and pour onto the fried bitter-gourd slices, fry till golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. Another trick my dad taught me to get rid of the bitterness is to blench the sliced bittergourd with boiling water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitter or not, i lurve them all :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vien,
    Thanks for the tips! I shall try that the next time I cook bittergourd.

    Babe_KL,
    Thanks for dropping by! Yeap, bittergourd is so nice and I have a few more recipes on them which I want to try out soon...

    ReplyDelete