Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Braised Asam Pork

I always crave for sourish dish! I just don't understand but the sourish taste give me good appetite for sure!!

It has been some time since I cook this dish and I just love it especially if it's cooked by my mom. Since I don't stay with her now, I will have to prepare this myself. It turned out quite ok - I guessed! However, it will taste even better if I had used some pork belly instead of all pork pinic shoulder for this dish. Pork belly will get soften more easily and the oil will give the sauce more aroma.

.





Ingredients

  • 400-500g Pork belly or pork picnic shoulder - cut into cubes

  • 3/4 bulb Garlic - chopped finely

  • 7-8 Shallots - chopped finely

  • 2pcs Dried chilies

  • 1pc Fresh red chili

  • 2pcs Asam pieces (asam Gelugor)

  • 2tbsp Glutinous rice wine (optional)

  • Dark soy sauce

  • 1tbsp Tau-chu (preserved bean paste)

  • Water (around 3/4 - 1 cup)

.
Methods

  1. In a separate sauce pan, boil some water for removing the porky smell from the pork cubes. When water is boiling, pour in the pork cubes and keep stirring for about 1 minutes, drain and put aside.

  2. Heat up wok or casserole pot with 2-3 tbsp of oil, saute garlic and shallots till fragrant. Add in dried chillies and sliced fresh chili, stir for another minute.

  3. Add in the boiled pork cubes, stir, add in dark soy sauce, stir and add in the glutinous rice wine (pour at the side, around the wok or casserole pot) while continue to stir for a minute. Cover for a few minutes.

  4. Add in the asam pieces, stir and add in the tau-chu, stir for a minute, add in water, stir and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment