Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Stir-fry Bittergourd and Chicken with Preserved Black Beans

Bittergourd is not everyone's favourite due to its bitter after taste. However, if it is cooked with a particular ingredient, it can taste just as heavenly....

This is one of my favourite dish but not to my PiggyBeng... he don't fancy eating bittergourd be it fresh or cooked! My mom ever gave him a glass of fresh bittergourd juice which was supposed to detox of bodily waste.... poor PiggyBeng was so horrified over the after taste! :P

.



Ingredients

  • 1 medium Bittergourd - sliced to 4/5mm thick in a slanting manner

  • 200g Chicken breat meat - sliced thinly

  • 1 chili - chopped

  • 4 cloves Garlic - chopped

  • 10g Preserved black beans

  • Corn flour

  • Salt

  • Black soy sauce

  • Light soy sauce

  • Pepper

  • Water

.
Methods

  1. Heat up wok with some oil, lightl fry the sliced bittergourd till 70% soft, lift up.

  2. Add in more oil into wok and sautee the chopped garlic, chilies and preserved black beans.

  3. Add in chicken (marinated with some corn flour, light soy sauce and pepper) and stir until about 50% cooked, add in the fried bittergourd, add in a little dark soy sauce for a dark tone.

  4. Continue to stir for a while and add in some water (around 1/4 cup), stir and cover for 3-4 minutes. Stir until the bittergourd looked soft.

  5. In a small bowl, mix water with 1tsp of corn flour and a dash of salt. Pour into the cooked bittergourd and lift up when the sauce is thicken.

3 comments:

  1. I like bittergourd but Loong also same as PB, a big NO NO. I think I would like to try this recipe. But I must find "Preserved black beans" first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beckysmum,
    I'm sure the Asian shop in Holland has them.
    Can get bittergoard over there huh????
    I have another recipe with fried eggs...also very yummy.
    Will blog about soon! Look out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite! I just done the steamed version.:D

    ReplyDelete