Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Butter Cake

Everyone loves a few good slices of butter cake once in a while. Though I am not a great fan of butter cakes but I have family members who do. Recently, my uncle came to Melbourne with my parents and knowing I love baking, requested that I bake him some.

It has been a long time since I bake the traditional butter cake. I do have some old recipes but wanted to try something new so I decided to try the famous Mrs SK Ng's butter cake which is quite popular among some baking and cooking forums.

.

.

I adapted the recipe from here.

.

Ingredients

A

  • 230 gm Pure butter

  • 130 gm Castor sugar

  • 4 no. Egg yolks (large eggs)

  • 200 gm Self raising flour (sifted)

  • 60 ml Milk

  • 1 tsp Vanilla extract

.

B

  • 4 no. Egg white

  • 50 gm Castor Sugar

.

Methods

  1. Pre-heat oven to 170ÂșC with middle rack.

  2. Cream butter with sugar till pale and fluffy with a mixer. Add in egg yolks one by one (still using mixer) till all well mixed. Add in vanilla.

  3. Slowly fold in sifted flour (the batter tends to be quite dry at this stage but don't worry) using a spatula. When all flour is well combined, add in the milk little by little.

  4. In another bowl, beat egg whites till fluffy before adding in the sugar and beat till soft peak.

  5. Fold in egg white till well combined. Make sure there is no egg white lumps else there will be air bubbles inside when the cake is baked.

  6. Pour in lined cake tin (7" or 8" square tine preferred) and bake for 40-45 minutes or till cake tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment