Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Braise Two Beans Pork Belly

Sometimes I just don't know what to cook especially when I am in my 'lazy mood'. If the dish required some additional ingredients and I do not have them at home, I'll just forget about it. Since my Ah Beng is getting more 'health conscious' lately, he has requested that I do minimal frying if I could help it and have steam fish everyday... Don't think I can eat steamed fish everyday though!

Come to think of it, if a dish is 'healthy' it is usually not so flavorful as 'sinful' dishes... :P What do you consider as healthy except salad or maybe a bowl of oatmeal? I really can't think. So, what I do best is to think of all the not so healthy food when I am trapped in such situation! Call me evil if you like! :P

Here is one such dish...

.

.

Ingredients

  • 4oog Pork belly (cut into 1" cubes together with skin)

  • 1 Red chili (sliced strips)

  • 2 Shallots (sliced)

  • 1tsp Fermented black beans

  • 1tbsp Taucu (fermented soy beans)

  • 1tbsp Black sauce

  • 1 cup Water

  • Light soy sauce (optional)

.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok (best if using a non stick) and pan fried the pork cubes until 50% cooked. Lift up and set aside.

  2. Heat up a medium corning ware or a clay pot with at least 3tbsp of oil and saute the shallots chili till fragrant.

  3. Add in the fermented black beans and soy beans and continue to stir. Toss in the pork cubes and add in black sauce, stir and add water. Cover.

  4. Once it boils, turn to low heat and simmer for another 30 minutes or until meat turn soft. Add in some light soy sauce if it taste bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment