Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Spare Ribs in Sour Plum Sauce

This is another very easy recipe adapted from the 'Mama Recipes' cookbook that we've bought. All you need to do is to all the ingredients and mix them with the spare ribs before sending it to the simmer.

.


.

Ingredients

  • 600g Spare ribs (ask the butcher to cut into 2" long for each piece)

To season with

  • 1tbsp Garlic (chopped finely)

  • 1tbsp Bean paste (tau-chu)

  • 1 Red chili

  • 5 Chili padi (optional)

  • 4 Salted plums (mashed)

  • 1tbsp oyster sauce

  • 2 tbsp Sugar

  • 1tbsp Plum Sauce

  • 1/2 tbsp Corn flour

  • A few drops of shallot oil (I used normal oil)

 .

Methods

  1. Wash the spare ribs and season with the seasoning ingredients and mix well with ribs.

  2. Arrange on a dish and simmer for 20-30 minutes on medium heat till ribs are soften.

5 comments:

  1. i like this dish ... sour and spicy! but i don't make them here as my hubby not a big fan of soury food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this dish too but I've always done it without the plums. Next time I will have to try it with plums. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhhhh my hubby sure love this...lemme test run few times then cook for him when he balik kekeke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this dish too! :) But I omit the chilli as my girl doesn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is salted plum?
    Is that the plum that we used to steam 'teow chew' fish ?


    Hi LeeLee,

    Yeap! Those you can get from a small glass bottle from
    any hypermarkets or groceries shops.

    ReplyDelete