Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Stir-fry Celery with Spiced Pork

A few weeks back I suddenly have the crave for celery. Not sure why. Then I was thnking I can use them to cook porridge for Darrius too so I bought a bundle every time I go to Tesco.

I normally just do a clear stir-fry without any other ingredients except some chopped garlic but I decided to try with some spiced pork this time.  I've cooked it a few times before long time ago and  think the taste goes well together. I often stock up some dried stuff or can food so I can use them whenever I'm out of stuff to cook.

So, if you are stuck with some celery and don't know what to cook with, you can try this simple dish...



.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 bundle  Celery

  •  1/2 can Spiced pork

  • Water ( just a little to soften the celery)

.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok with little oil and stir-fry celery till half cooked. Toss in the spiced pork and continue to stir.

  2. Add a little water (2 tbsp) and let it simmer with cover on for 2-3 minutes.

  3. Served.

.

3 comments:

  1. Just wondering...how do you make the spiced pork? Is it just some soya sauce and five spice powder...or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare,

    The spiced pork are those in the can. You can get them from Asian shops I supposed. This is how it looks like...

    http://biteonit.com/2007/07/24/spiced-pork-fried-rice/

    hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much! Will try it soon...:)

    ReplyDelete