Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

Long Beans with Salted Fish

This is another emergency recipe that I've came out with. Like what I've mentioned before, I will buy beans (long-beans, French beans, Snake beans) to keep almost every week for those 'just in case I don't know what to cook' occasion. At such time, I will rummaged throw my fridge for stuff that I can use and these beans always come in very handy as they are so versatile.

You can stir-fry, braised, boil, steam and even fried them! The possibilities are endless if you have the creativity to use them. The other reasons why I like to buy and keep them as they have a slightly longer shelf life as compared to other vegetables if you keep them in the right way.

.
.

Ingredients

  • 200g Long Beans (cut into 4cm strips)

  • 1" square Salted fish (use the Kurau/Cod fish type) - sliced

  • 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok with some oil and lightly fry the long beans till about 70% cook. Lift up and put aside.

  2. Add more oil into the wok and saute the salted fish slices till it turns sandy, put on one side of the wok.

  3. With the balance oil in the wok, saute the garlic till fragrant before mixing with the salted fish and stir.

  4. Throw in the fried long beans and stir well for a few minutes, sprinkle with some salt and pepper before serving.

 .

2 comments:

  1. congrates to u!!

    I normally chop my french beans "senget", hehe...


    Thanks! You can chop it any way you like actually coz that was what I'll do! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your rambling moo is not resolving...the site..hijacked by advertlets...so if u take the advertlets down it should be ok...

    ReplyDelete