Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Oreo Cookies Cupcakes with Mint Frosting

In the last 3 days, I have been baking non stop! I started with a batch of these but they started to explode after 10 minutes in the oven! The entire batch was like a erupting volcanoes so I went for another batch. And guess what? Instead of another explosion, I have sinking cupcakes! Not sure what went wrong!!!!

So, in order not to get another heart attack and waste more ingredients, I dicided to give this a try which I got the recipe from here. As I don't like having the raisins in the cupcakes, I omitted them from the recipe. Since I have 2 unsuccessful batches earlier, I halfed the recipe which turned out quite fine.

To top it off, I made the pepper mint frosting which really compliment the cuppies! It has a little salt content so it taste quite appetising too! It was meant for the earlier chocolate cupcakes and since they did not turned out, I tried it on the 3rd batch which was the Oreo Cupcakes. They were absolutely divine....

.


.

Ingredients

Make 12 Cupcakes

  • 117 g Self-raising flour

  • 50 g Oreo biscuits - chopped

  • 115 g Butter (recommend to use unsalted but I used the salted one)

  • 90 g Sugar

  • 2 eggs

  • 1/8 tsp Salt

.
Methods

  1. Beat butter, salt and sugar till slightly creamy with a mixer, add in eggs (one by one) then the flour and mix till combined.

  2. Stir in the chopped oreo biscuits and spoon into paper cups.

  3. Bake at 160-170C for 25 minutes (big cup) or until cooked.

  4. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.

.
Frosting

Ingredients

  • 120 g Butter

  • 1/8 tsp. salt

  • 120 g Icing sugar

  • 1 tsp Peppermint essence

  • A drop of green colouring

*Some draggies for decorations



Methods

  1. Cream butter, salt and sugar till smooth preferably with a mixer.

  2. Add in colouring and mint essence and pipe onto cupcakes.

  3. Decorate with some draggies or other preferred decoratives.

.

11 comments:

  1. [...] which I brought to PiggyBeng’s aunty house on Sunday evening and another batch of the Oreo cookies cupcakes yesterday. So far all of them turned out fine and no further exploded or sinking cupcakes! [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] about at Oreo Cookies Cupcakes with Mint Frosting - foodnotes, - Last Updated - 4 minutes ago  the-a-team - Last Updated - 4 minutes ago  [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    i was just going to bake some cupcakes for my son's bday. decided to chck out ur blog recipes first before trying. The recipe I got is double urs...and makes 12!!!!!! I wonder how big is your cupcakes? aya..wait la..i msg u in facebook la..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, do you know how to decorate cookies? Can you please teach me the igredients to do the colour icing? Example... http://www.flickr.com/photos/akane86/390070531/

    And do you have any easy recipe to make those cookies? I wanna make some for my bf. Hope to hear from you soon... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! looks luvly!! btw, tqsm for the recipe!!! i wanna try it for my hubby... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey just wanna asked do you know where i can get peppermint essence? XD hope you can mail me and let me know! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete