Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Economy Char Bee Hoon

When I was working in Singapore, I would normally pack something for breakfast as I do not have time to sit in coffee shops or hawker centres for a leisure breakfast. If my office is near McD, then I will pack their Big Breakfast as that can last me the entire day till dinner. Other than that, I will either get a packet of nasi lemak or the popular economy char bee hoon.

Now that I don't go to work anymore, I kind of yearn for those taste so I decided to bring back some memories by preparing my own... This is one of PiggyBeng's favorite too as both of us went through the same type of lifestyle in Singapore....

.


.

Ingredients

(Serve 2)

  • 1/2 pkt Rice noodles (beehoon)

  • 1 Red chili (sliced thinly)

  • 3 clove garlic (chopped)

  • 80g Bean sprouts

  • 1/2 can Luncheon meat (sliced around 5mm in thickness)

  • 2 eggs

  • Black sauce

  • Light soy sauce to taste

  • Water (to soften the rice noodles)



Methods

  1. Soak the rice noodles till soft. Slightly pan fry the luncheon meat slices till fragrant. Fry the eggs *sunny side up*.

  2. Heat up wok with 2 tbsp oil and saute the chopped garlic till it starts to turn golden. Pour in the pre-soaked rice noodles and continue to stir, add in the black sauce to desired tone, stir and add in enough water before covering the wok for at least 5 minutes but stirring occasionally.

  3. Add in the light soy sauce and stir before adding in the bean sprouts. Continue stirring (add a little of oil if need be) and when the bean sprouts started to soften, turn off the fire.

  4. Serve hot with luncheon meat and egg together with some sambal belacan.

.

4 comments:

  1. Angeleyes, I love to have a pack like this too. U know, mee hoon is always my favourite for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin Nee,

    I love beehoon too! That's why this dish is one of my all time fav! Great for snack too! And of course, parties! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angeleyes,

    I love char bee hoon so much..especially the one with original and homestyle belacan chilli..I can recommend u the most tasteful char bee hoon what im ever try before...Its located in a small town ( Rahang Kecil ) around 4 km from Seremban..So any other recommended?

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] Today there is no exception. I craved for economy char bee hoon! [...]

    ReplyDelete