Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

3 Eggs Spinach

I bought a lot of 'Yuen-Choy' (Spinach) for Darrius's porridge. Sometimes the bundle can be really huge so I will take half to cook for ourselves. Normally I will just do a simple stir-fry with chopped garlic but there are times when the fancy struck, I will try to come out with something new.

Many years back, when I was still working in Singapore, I often patronise this Chinese restaurant called Crystal Jade. They have this dish '3 Eggs with Spinach' cooked using chicken broth which is really yummy. I tried to dish this out and the result was not that bad after all....

.




Ingredients

  • 1 bundle Yuen-choy (Spinach)

  • 1tsp Chopped garlic

  • 1 Chicken egg (beaten)

  • 1 Century egg (cut into smaller sections)

  • 1 Salted duck egg (cut into small pieces)

  • 1/2 cup Chicken broth

  • Salt to taste


Methods

  1. Heat up wok with 1 tbsp of oil, saute the chopped garlic till fragrant. Add in the spinach (with the stems de-skined) and stir for a minute or two before covering for 2 minutes.

  2. When the spinach is soften, pour in the chicken broth and let it boil on slow-medium fire for another 2-3 minutes with cover on.

  3. Add in the cut century egg and salted egg (only the yolk), stir for a while till the salted egg yolk turned slightly creamy colour. Beat the chicken egg and pour in slowly while stirring to disintegrate. Served hot.

.

8 comments:

  1. i love spinach and the way made it. the chicken broth is the type bought from supermarket or home cooked one ah? I use chicken powder ie knorr - can or not ah like that? hehe i also dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi... here to curi idea and inspiration on what to cook for my little monster. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is wayy to old but i read your Nestum Chicken and I LOVE IT!!! Its so easy!!! This is my first dish of cooking!! loving it!! But i guess it would be good to have boneless chicken and probably add more corn flour as the nestum only sticks a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, do you know how to cook Lemon Chicken, Buttermilk Chicken, Tomatoe Kueh Tiau and Laksa??? IF YES, PLS PLS PLS SHARE!!!! thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MommiBee!!

    The chicken stock I used are those I boiled one. But if you don't have those cubes and from can one also boleh. Sometimes I don't even bother and just add normal water! LOL But of course with the stock it taste sweeter.


    Yvonne!

    Aiyoh, my site do not have much kiddy recipes yet but I am starting one soon as Darrius has more teeth now so I will experiment more kids friendly dishes.



    Hey Ruby!

    Thanks for dropping by. Hope you've enjoyed all the simple recipes here.
    I've not tried my hands on all those you've mentioned up there
    but I will go and find out and try them out one day! :)

    Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wanna check if you've tried the tung por yuk??? :p can jalan or not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey babe!

    I'm going to try these few days. I bought the pork and the other ingredients lioa.... will let you know of the result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dh & me love this but I don't know or don't bother to find out how it is done... Thank you for sharing this :) I will cook this for DH when he is back.

    ReplyDelete