Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cheesy Vegetables Omelette Pockets

These days I have been experimenting various ingredients to prepare some nice meals for Darrius. I think he is quite bored with his usual porridge (though my mom insisted that he should have porridge for most meals) meals so I tried to come out with something that he might enjoy eating.

I have started feeding Darrius with eggs when he turns one end of last year. Though not very frequent as I can't think the way to prepare it besides steamed eggs since he has no molars to help him chew. Now that he's older, he is able to take in more varieties of ingredients which make it easier for me.

.


.

Ingredients

(Prepared 2 omelettes)

  • 3 Eggs (medium size)

  • 1/3 cup of milk

  • 1/4 of Red capsicum - diced

  • 1/4 of Green capsicum - diced

  • 1/2 cup Button mushroom (Fresh/canned - sliced)

  • 2 bulb Shallots - sliced

  • 1tsp Black sesame seed (grounded)

  • Salt to taste

  • 1 slice Cheddar cheese (cut into strips)

  • 1 can Baked beans

  • Sprinkles of mixed herbs


Methods

  1. Beat eggs with milk. Add in the grounded sesame seeds.

  2. In a non-stick wok, heat up some peanut oil mixed with margerine saute the shallots, capsicums and button mushrooms till soft and fragrant. Lift up.

  3. Clean the non-stick wok, heat up some peanut oil with margerine again (very little) to make the omelettes. Pour half the egg mix on low heat till 70% cooked, pour half the stir-fried items onto half of the egg, add 1/2 of the cheese and fold over the other half to make a pocket. Turn over and fry the other side till the egg is cooked.

  4. When done with the the omelette pockets, cook the baked beans by simply stir-fry on the wok for a minute. Before serving, sprinkle some mixed herbs on the surface of the omelettes and bake beans.

.

6 comments:

  1. whoa! i have been reading yr food blog this morning, and now, i dont feel like eating my bread for breakfast, i want those food in yr blog!!! i super like the tom yum kuay chap... hahhhahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good recipe for Anne as breakfast too. Thank you Alice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound like some yummy meal for Darrius. Thanks for the recipe.

    Will try to cook some for my girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh... you use peanut oil ah? I tot should not use it for Darrius cooking, cause highly allergy wo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,

    hehe... I also like the tom yam... damn good ah! :P


    Ling,

    I'm sure Anne will like this one... Darrius loved it too. This is the 1st time I served him baked beans and he liked it instantly. :)


    Chew Lee,

    I think I'm a bit lucky as Darrius do not have much allergies since young. I do try to use olive oil but when cook in high heat the nutrients seemed to be evaporated leh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] at http://foodnotes.ramblingmoo.com/2007/09/22/cheesy-vegetables-omelette-pockets/ delivered by [...]

    ReplyDelete