Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fried Sugared Pork Belly

I was having this strip of pork belly with me which I have intended to cook something else but ended up abandoning the idea after I can't find the recipe. Then I have to go to KL on a short notice so I have to cook it before I forget all about it!

Then I remembered about this fried sugared pork which is quite appetising on rice. The other reason was, it was so easy to prepare! So, if you have some pork belly and not sure what to do with it, try this.

.





.

Ingredients

  • 200-300g Pork belly (with layers of fats in between)

  • 1 Chili padi - sliced/chopped

  • 2 cloves Garlic - chopped

  • 1tbsp Brown Sugar

  • Dark soy sauce

  • Salt to taste


..


 


Methods

  1. Heat up wok with some oil (little will do as the pork fats will have oil) and lightly fry the sliced pork belly till golden brown on low heat.

  2. Spread the cooked pork belly to the side of the wok (picture above), put in chopped chili and garlic and saute till fragrant. Add a little oil if needed.

  3. Mix the pork belly and the sauteed garlic and chili, stir for a while, add in dark soy sauce, stir till all well mixed.

  4. Add in brown sugar and some salt and continue to stir till sugar begin to caramelize. Served with white rice.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment