Pages

Friday, August 24, 2007

Spare Ribs with Pineapple Cubes

I have some pineapple cubes left from my fried rice the other day so I'm trying to clear them. Since i have some spare ribs with me and I have no idea what to do with them, I decided to try the 'Poh-Loh Ku-at' (Pineapple ribs) style. The ingredients are all concocted by me so it might be different from those you order at the 'Je-Char' (big fry) stalls. The taste was quite close so I decided to share with all of you.

.


.

Ingredients

  • 300-400g Spare ribs

  • 1/4 can Pineapple cubes

  • 1tsp Corn flour

  • 1tbsp Tomato Ketchup

  • 1tsp Light soy sauce

  • 2tbsp Pineapple syrup (from the can)

  • 1/4 cup water for sauce

  • Sugar for taste (optional)

  • Oil for frying

  • Corn flour to thicken sauce

.

Methods

  1. Marinate the spare ribs with corn flour and light soy sauce for about 30 minutes.

  2. Heat up oil in a deep saucepan to deep fry the marinated spare ribs for about 10-15 minutes on medium to small fire until golden brown. Lift up and let oil drip dry.

  3. Heat up wok with a little oil, put in mixture of water, tomato ketchup, pineapple syrup and a little sugar and stir for a while till it started to boil, add in pineapple cubes, stir and add in the ribs and stir.

  4. Continue stirring for a few minutes, then add a little corn flour mixed with some water into the wok and let the sauce thicken. Voila!

.

1 comment:

  1. oooo u put ther syrup in as well huh? okay okay let me try one day but the can of pineapple too much la..

    ReplyDelete