Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Corn with Spare Ribs Soup

As I am starting to train Darrius to eat rice, I have been boiling more nutritional type of soup so he can have them with his rice. My mom has been telling me to cook more corn for Darrius as they are quite nutritional.

I love corn soup even before I had Darrius. It taste really sweet if milk corns or those organic pearl corns are being used. Sometimes I will add in some dried osyters or scallops or even water chestnuts to give the soup extra sweetness.

.
.


Ingredients

  • 3-4 sticks Corns (cut into smaller blocks)

  • 300g Spare ribs

  • 3L Water

  • 1-2 sticks Carrots (cut into smaller chunks)

  • 4-5 pcs Dried oysters or scallops (optional)

  • 6-8 pcs Water chestnuts (optional)

  • 10pcs Red dates (pitted)
.

Methods

  1. Bring water to boil, add in the spare ribs and let it boil for 5 minutes.

  2. Add in the the corn blocks, cut carrots, water chestnuts, red dates and dried oysters or scallops and bring to boil before turning the fire to small.

  3. Let the soup boil for 2 to 2.5 hours before adding some salt to taste. I prefer not to add salt since I'll be feeding Darrius some. The soup gets its sweetness from the corn and water chestnuts.

.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, corn soup is excellant! It's corn season now..and I have 3 ears of corn in my fridge. I'll boil some soup over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vien!

    Corn is called by ears ah???? I din even know that!
    Thanks for pointing that out for me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice soup. I will put corn in ABC soup also. But Anne allergic to scallops, I cannot use scallops in any soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok.....this gonna be my weekend soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Really enjoy looking at ur website, as I can get inspiration from here. Hmm...maybe it'll be good to jot down the serving size for the dishes? Appreciate that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip - lots of scallops and oysters over here. I'll try adding some in my corn soup next time. Our little family love corn soup too! Lucas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] of the day by cooking for the family and mopped the entire house (muakz-muakz!) For lunch we have corn soup ala PiggyBeng’s style and [...]

    ReplyDelete