Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dried Mushroom Pork Patties

With the recent case of beta-agonist used by pig farmers in Malaysia, many people tried to avoid buying and eating pork. I don't do so much marketing these days since my MIL is doing the marketing and cooking. Unless she is unable to cook then I will help her out. My MIL has assured me before that the stall she bought the meat from are free from the beta-agonist jab.

The past few days MIL has been entertaining a friend visiting from Singapore so has been out most of the time. PiggyBeng prefers to eat home cooked food so I have to do the cooking but MIL will do the marketing every morning before she go off with her friend for the famous Penang hawker fare...

Found a packet of minced pork meat in the freezer so thought of cooking something with it. And here is what I came out with....


.



Ingredients

  • 300gm Minced pork

  • 2pcs Dried Mushroom (cut square)

  • 1 Chili padi (chop finely)

  • 1tsp Cooking oil

  • 1 1/2tsp Corn flour

  • 2-3tbsp Water

  • Salt and pepper for taste

.
Methods

  1. Mix minced pork with dried mushroom, chili padi, cooking oil, corn flour, water, salt and pepper.

  2. Press and roll the mixture into a ball and try to do the passing from one palm to another until the mixture is well glued together. Divide into smaller portion and roll them into patties.

  3. Heat up wok with oil and fry on slow fire.

4 comments:

  1. This looks easy. I hope I can use fresh mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tigerfish,
    you can try... i love button mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will try and post it if i ever succeed. i love most kinds of mushrooms, the edible ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... looks easy... hehe will definately try it out!

    ReplyDelete