Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Stir-fried Pork Liver with Holland Peas and Ginger

I was told that pork liver is good for those who has lost blood during labor. Pork liver contains a rich source of iron which will help us to rebuild those lost blood cells. I was never a fan of pork intestines so this dish did not appeal to me in the very beginning but I ate it because of it 'purpose'.

My mom told me it is tough to find good liver these days as the pigs are no longer being fed on organic food like ages ago. However, mom advised that I should look for those that are bright and shinny liver if I wanted to buy them as these are fresher. Never go for those dark and dull in color ones.

.

.

Ingredients

  • 300g Pork liver (sliced thinly)

  • 1 pkt Holland peas/sweet peas/snap peas

  • 80g Old ginger

  • Sesame seed oil

  • Light soy sauce

  • Corn flour for marinade

.

Methods

  1. Marinade sliced pork liver with some corn flour and light soy sauce, set aside.

  2. In a wok or frying pan, heat up 4tbsp of sesame seed oil and saute the old ginger strips until fragrant.

  3. Toss in the Holland peas and gently stir them for a few minutes.

  4. When the peas are about 70% cooked, pour in the marinaded pork liver slices and stir gently until 90% cooked.

  5. Sprinkle some light soy sauce over before lifting them up and serve.

2 comments:

  1. In Hawaii we just love fried slices of liver along with sauteed onions and brown gravy, with a lot of rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate - what is the brown gravy made of????

    ReplyDelete