Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stir-fried Ginger and Spring Onion Pork

Though confinement is only for 30 or 40 days, it is still very important to have variations as it can be very boring to be eating the same few dishes day in day out for that one month period. During my first confinement, I had almost the same dishes everyday since both my mom and myself were not too sure which ingredient can be eaten at which period. Since this is our second time, things have sure improved.

The only thing is, this time we make it very simple since my mom has to take care of Darrius and my nephew. Therefore, I told her to cook all the simplest dishes she can think of beside the few which I requested. Here is another dish which I really like...

.


Ingredients

  • 300g Pork (the face section which is very smooth and tender) - sliced thinly

  • 50g Ginger - thin strips

  • 2-3 stalks Spring onions

  • Corn flour + water solution (to marinade sliced pork)

  • 3tbl Sesame seed oil

  • Light soy sauce for taste

.

Method

  1. Heat up wok with sesame seed oil and saute the ginger till fragrant.

  2. Toss in marinated sliced pork and stir till 70% cook. Add in spring onion which has been cut into 2" sections.

  3. Sprinkle some light soy sauce and stir till well mixed before serving.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love pork to bits, I bet this must be so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alice!

    Yeah.... this dish was damn nice... I had it a few times since it was among the simplest to prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, not sure if you're still on confinement but i've a couple of easy recipe where whole family can eat

    Chicken with Black Fungus and Lilu Buds http://babeinthecitykl.blogspot.com/2008/08/chicken-with-black-fungus-and-lily-buds.html

    Stir fried Eggplants with Minced Fish
    http://babeinthecitykl.blogspot.com/2008/07/stir-fried-eggplants-with-minced-fish.html

    ReplyDelete