Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pan Fried Tom Yum Chicken

After away from Penang for almost 2 weeks, I do crave for something sour and spicy. I have wanted to get my Asam Laksa fix from the hawker behind our house but with the weather so hot, I dreaded walking out of the house.

Then I was running out of idea what to cook. PiggyBeng was ever so happy if I steam him his Barramundi fillets but to be very honest, I am so bored eating the same old dish a few times a week! Luckily I bought some chicken drumsticks as spares which I normally used for lunch.

Initially i have wanted to cook pan fried curry chicken with curry leaves. I even went to pluck some curry leaves from my neighbour's garden! Then I discovered I did not have the appropriate curry powder at home! Dang! PiggyBeng only bought those for curry fish since he cook curry fish all the time.

Therefore I have to change my menu. Luckily I spotted the Tom Yum paste which I bought for my instant noodles. Sometimes back I bought some Japanese instant noodles and the flavor sucks so I bought the Tom Yum paste to replace.

And tadaaaa.... we have Pan Fried Tom Yum Chicken! :)

.
.

Ingredients

  • 2pcs Chicken drumsticks

  • 1tbsp Tom Yum paste

  • Lemon juice
.

.

Methods

  1. Cut the chicken drumsticks into thin pieces and marinate with Tom Yum paste and let it stand for 30 minutes.

  2. Heat up wok with some oil in medium heat and slowly pan fried the chicken pieces until cooked.

  3. When done, squeeze some lemon juice before serving.

.

This Peace Brand Tom Yum paste is not so spicy so kids can take them. :)

3 comments:

  1. [...] nothing special in today’s Bento except I came up with a new chicken recipe. I made some Pan Fried Tom Yum Chicken and I packed some for Darrius in his Bento. He had it for his [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i buy the same brand of tom yum paste last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoisbaby,
    Actually this is my first time getting this brand. We used to get another brand... Crown or something. I find this brand quite ok... not too spicy and salty.

    ReplyDelete