Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes

Life has definitely been very hectic the past few months and hence I did not get to do much experiments from any of the cookery or recipe books on my book shelf.

Since it is the Lunar New Year now and we will be going to KL tomorrow, I decided to bake some goodies to bring for some of the friends I will be meeting. Initially i have wanted to just use the regular recipes I have been using but after looking through one of the recipe books I thought I'll try a new one.

Found this really nice and easy to do chocolate brownie cupcakes from the 500 Cupcakes & Muffins book by Fergal Connolly.

.

.

Ingredients
(makes 12 cupcakes)

  • 125g Plain chocolate chips (I used cooking chocolate bar)

  • 125g Unsalted butter (I used salted butter)

  • 2 Eggs

  • 300g Castor sugar (I used 200g only)

  • 1tsp Vanilla essence

  • 115g Plain flour

.

Methods

  1. Melt chocolate and butter in a medium bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until melt. Set aside to cool.

  2. In another medium bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale and thick using a whisk.

  3. Fold in the chocolate and the flour until well mixed. The batter should be gooey and sticky.

  4. Spoon batter into cases and bake @ 160 degree Celsius for about 25 minutes.

  5. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray and cool on rack.

 .

You can make some cream topping if you want but it tastes good as it is!  :)

1 comment:

  1. [...] (he needed more since he is a little constipated recently) and as treat, I gave him one of the mini Chocolate Brownie Cupcake which I have some excess from one of my order last weekend. Normally I don’t let him have too [...]

    ReplyDelete