Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Steamed Minced Pork with Preserved Mustard

All of us just recovered from a terrible flu earlier so I am still preparing simple dishes which are mild and don't require much frying. In fact I did a lot of steaming which is less oily and less heaty too.

This dish is one one of my childhood favorite too. When I was working, I normally cook simple dishes like this that require very little preparation time since it will be so late when I reach home but I always yearn for home cooked food, that I will troubled myself even after a tired day in the office.

.
.

Ingredients

  • 200g Minced pork (not too fatty but can't be too lean either)

  • 1-2 slices Preserved Mustard or Ham-choi (finely chopped)

  • 1-2 tsp Corn starch (to hold the minced pork and preserved mustard together)

  • Salt or light soy sauce for taste

  • A  few drops of oil (to make the meat smoother)

  • Water

.

Methods

  1. Add minced pork and finely chopped preserved mustard together with 1-tsp corn starch.

  2. Add in some salt to taste and placed it on a not too deep set plate. Smothen the top and add some water before sending it to steam.

  3. Steam till the suace (water) starts to boil or you can poke the centre with a chopstick after 10 minutes in steamer to make sure the meat is thoroughly cooked.

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! Nice and simple! And I suppose with a lot of rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious. I usually steam it with preserved cucumber and garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks yummy.... have bookmarked this as my to do soon list. hopefully, it will turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok lah...i do that, i got some minced pork at home kkeke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate,
    Yeap! Lots of rice... :P

    Fanny,
    This kinda dish can go with anything! Simply yummy!

    Skinnymum,
    Hope you like the taste!

    jazzmint,
    Great for the kids and easy to cook

    ReplyDelete
  6. my version got added egg. for your portion 1 egg enough. and mix all together. if u do ever try it let me know. according to my grandma, its Hock chew dish....dunno how true la..

    ReplyDelete