Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Pan Fried Soy Sauce Chicken

Ever since I started doing Bento, I have to find some easy to prepare dishes so I can put up my Bento in a jiffy. Then again, I have to consider whether my boy will like what I prepared for him... so sometimes it can be brain draining just to think!

It was a relief that my boy is not that fussy with food and would gladly gobble down what I packed for him... well, certain standards must apply lar! *grin*

This dish is one simple ones which I used to do back in my uni days when food are expensive when you are living on a budget. I was lucky I stayed with my aunt back then, and though she will prepare meals for me most of the time but I do not want to be such a free loader all the time so I will cook when ever I can... with stuff I bought myself.

And in Down Under, BBQ is a very common occasion so this dish is that flexible... can be pan fried as well as grill or roast!

.

.

Ingredients

  • 3 Chicken drumsticks (cut lines so heat can penetrate)

  • Light soy sauce (enough to cover when marinade)

  • 1-1.5tbsp Dark soy sauce (or enough to cover all the chciken)

  • Dash of pepper

.

Methods

  1. Clean all the chicken drumsticks and cut lines on the thick area so heat can penetrate into the meat while you pan fried especially if you are using frozen chicken.

  2. Marinade the chicken drumsticks with all the ingredients and let them sit for at least an hour before frying.

  3. If you are using frozen chicken, after you are done frying, put them in the microwave for 1 minute high just to make sure the drumsticks are thoroughly cooked inside (you will see some blood oozing out).

  4. There will be some sauce left after you fried the chicken which you can cook them after you lift up the chicken from the wok and glaze them after you boiled them on the wok till they thicken up.

8 comments:

  1. I have never pan-fried chcken marinated with just shoyu and some pepper. Should give it a try. Alway marinated with shoyu and sugar, sometimes with miso added . Then either cooked on a charcoal grill or on a grill pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] that Darrius misses his regular Bento meals especially the ones with Soy Sauce Chicken, I decided to do one just for him the other day. This time I experiment with fry quail eggs in [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious.... yet so easy to make. will try it out soon and let you know of the outcome.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite dishes! And Lucas too... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] is another very simple combination with Darrius’s favorite pan-fried soy sauce chicken. This Bento box is much slimmer than the other two tiers boxes I have so the chicken drumstick fit [...]

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] some stir-fried mixed vegetables of cabbage, carrot and sweet peas with chicken strips. I added a pan-fried soy sauce chicken wing (I added a little oyster sauce when I marinate to get a better fagrance) and a strawberry to [...]

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] cheese bears. As treat, there was a mini chocolate brownie cupcake. In the other tier there are 2 pan fried soy sauce chicken wings (middle portion) a mini chocolate mantao and two bunny [...]

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] is a huge fan of the pan-fried soy sauce chicken so I used that recipe to make drumlets which is very convenient to be packed into bento box as [...]

    ReplyDelete