Pages

Friday, December 14, 2007

Luncheon Meat Fried Rice

There are times when I just like to eat fried rice... any kind. It also depends on what I can find in my fridge or food cabinets... any left overs which are usually good to be used for frying rice. I often buy extra long beans or french beans just in case I decided to fry some rice.

Since I have some luncheon meat left over from one of my culinary sessions, I decided to cook some extra rice the day before so I can use it for my fried rice. The tricks for good tasting fried rice is to use over night rice which have been kept in the fridge. The reason? The moisture will be dried up and when you fried your rice, it will turned be grainy and not all stuck together.

.

.

Ingredients

  • 2 bowls Rice (kept over night in the fridge)

  • Some French beans - diced

  • 4 slices Luncheon meat

  • 1 Egg (add a little salt and beaten)

  • Some green and red capsicums (diced) - Optional

  • 1 Onion (diced)

  • Salt or light soy sauce for taste

.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok with some oil and lightly fry the French beans and capsicums. When it turn a little soft about 3-4 minutes later, lift up from wok, put aside. Do the same for the diced luncheon meat.

  2. Add some oil to wok, sautee the diced onion till fragrant, throw in the fried French beans and capsicums, stir for a while then add in the fried luncheon meat.

  3. Add in the rice and quickly stir until all the rice disintegrate from big lumps. Continue to add in oil while you fry... little by little.

  4. Sprinkle salt or light soy sauce for taste before you pour in the beaten egg into the rice. Stir well. Served.

.

1 comment:

  1. I love fried rice! Though it is not healthy to eat overnight rice,...but once in a while, ok la. :p

    ReplyDelete