Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Pan fried Salmon in Homemade Terriyaki Sauce

I hardly cook Salmon now as they can be a little costly. My PiggyBeng don't fancy them as he complaint that salmon is too oily. While I was preggy with Darrius, I ate a lot as I read from some medical articles that salmon has the highest amount of Omega 3 which is good for brain development.

Then while I was in Jusco during one of my shopping trip with Darrius, I decided to get a few slices for the both of us. And this is my fish dish...



.

Ingredients

  • 1 slice Salmon fillet

  • 2tbsp Light so sauce (preferably the Kikoman special fragrant sauce)

  • 1tbsp Sugar (I used brown sugar)

  • 2tbsp Water

  • Few dashes of ground black pepper

  • Corn flour

.

Methods

  1. Wash salmon and dry it completely with a kitchen towel. Sprinkle some light soy sauce and corn flour lightly coating both surfaces. Heat up frying pan and pan fried on low fire. Remove from pan when both surfaces turn golden brown.

  2. Using the same pan, add a little oil (1tsp) and pour in the mixture of light soy sauce, water, sugar and grounded black pepper and let it boil. The sugar will caramelized after a while and pour onto salmon fillet.

3 comments:

  1. looks yummy and most importantly sounds simple..can we use another kind of fish too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish looks very good, leh. And only 6 ingredients !! Nothing but the shortest ingredient for this girl. ha ha. I am going to try your recipe soon.!!

    ReplyDelete