Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ABC Pasta Bosco Soup

I guess I have been neglecting this blog big time! I have been extremely busy minding my  demanding 'boss' and also the long stay in KL plus my cupcakes e-shoppe as business was quite good when I was in KL.

This is a dish I concocted after our meal at one of these Hong Kong Char-Chan-Teng or eateries. Bosco soup is extremely popular among the Hong Kong people. From my understanding, this particular dish/soup has something to do with the European/Portuguese influence. It tasted very much like the minestrone soup.

Normally these eateries or restaurants where this soup is served, they will use macaroni but I am cooking for little boss so I used the Alphabets noodles instead.

.
.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Alphabets noodles (boil in a separate saucepan)

  • 2.5 cups Water

  • 1/2 stick Carrot (cubed)

  • 1/2 stick Celery (cubed)

  • 1 Onion (cubed)

  • 1 Tomato (removed seeds and cubed)

  • 15g Silveryfish

  • 2tbsp Tomato puree/paste (NOT ketchup)

  • Sugar, salt and pepper to taste
.

Methods

  1. In a medium saucepan, saute the onion first with some oil. Then saute the carrot, celery and tomato cubes till fragrant and add in the Silveryfish and stir for a while.

  2. Pour in the water, stir till it starting to boil and add the tomato puree. Let it boil for a while.

  3. Drain the alphabets noodles and pour into the tomato soup and continue to let it boil for a further 5 minutes or so. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.

  4. Sprinkle some dried herbs before serving.

2 comments:

  1. What is slivery fish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paik Ling - Those the Cantonese called it 'ngan-yi-chai' which we normally fried till crispy for nasi lemak

    ReplyDelete