Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Braised Chicken with Chinese Mushroom

Here is another easy and yummy chicken dish. I've always like braised chicken dishes as they are just so simple to cook and great for toddlers. Previously I'd put up a similar recipe but instead of chicken I used pork.

.

.

Ingredients

  • 3pcs Chicken drumsticks (cut into smaller pieces)

  • 4-5pcs Chinese Mushrooms (soak and cut into half)

  • 4-5 pips Garlic (coarsely chopped)

  • 1x1" Old Ginger (sliced)

  • Dark soy sauce

  • Light soy sauce

  • Oyster sauce

  • Water
.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok with oil (2-3 tbsp) and saute the ginger slices and chopped garlic till fragrant.

  2. Put in the chicken pieces and stir fry for 2 minutes then add in mushroom and dark soy sauce. Continue to stir before adding in water (around 1 -1.5 cup), stir and cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

  3. Add in light soy sauce and oyster sauce (depending on your taste) and continue to stir.

  4. Let it simmer for another 10 minutes or so before serving.


3 comments:

  1. I've actually tried something like that before because it's simple yet yummy..i think I'm going to try this sooon...thanks for sharing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe - it has become one of my favourite dishes. I recommend leaving the garlic in large pieces otherwise it burns easily. Also, I use chestnut mushrooms which are easier to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martin,
    Thanks for popping by.
    I'm not a very garlic person and that was why I try to hide them if possible.. :P

    ReplyDelete