Pages

Friday, June 8, 2007

Nestum Prawns

We bought quite a lot of prawns during one of the week as I intended to cook tom yam. All these while I have been cooking Nestum Chicken but have never tried cooking Nestum Prawns before so I thought I'll just give it a try. It turned out quite ok except the prawns that I bought was not deep sea prawns so it was not as springy as it should. I used sea-reared prawns. However, the colours was quite good... redish.

 .

.
Ingredients

  • 12 Medium to large prawns (recommended to use deep sea prawns)

  • 2 Chili padi

  • 2 strands Curry leaves

  • 1 tblsp Brown sugar

  • 4-5 tblsp Nestum

  • Light soy sauce

  • Corn flour

  • Pepper

.
Methods

  1. Deshelled the prawns (disect the back and remove all the dirt) and marinade with light soy sauce with sprinkles of corn four and pepper for about 1/2 hour.

  2. Heat up wok with a little oil and fry the prawns lightly on small fire until 85% cooked (all curled up), lift up and put aside.

  3. Heat wok with a little oil and fry the chopped chili padi and curry leaves. Once fragrant, put in the brown sugar and fry for a while until half melt and quickly pour in the Nestum and stir until the sugar is mixing well with the Nestum.

  4. Add in the prawns and continue stirring for 20 seconds, lift up and serve.

3 comments:

  1. okay, wrong time to see this when i lau sai. urghhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours looks great!! You use brown sugar!! Interesting! I shall try this when I can get hold for some fresh prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha,
    After recover from lau sai an ook lioa lah!

    WokkingMum,
    Yeah, I think brown sugar gives a nice hue... hehehe

    ReplyDelete