Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Longbeans with Sambal Shrimps

I had a request from Angeline a few weeks back asking for some spicy dishes. I seldom cook spicy dishes as they are rather heaty but I know my PiggyBeng will loves them so I have to cook one or two dishes of hot stuff once in a while. Though my MIL will cook some fish gulai (curry with no coconut milk and a more sourish version) but that ain't enough so I will try to add some varieties if I can.

.


My mom gave me some habaneros (one of the most intensely spicy chili peppers - Wikipedia) during my last trip back to KL and I have totally forgotten about them sitting in my chilies box in the fridge. Some has started to rot when I checked them out so decided to cook them asap!



Ingredients

  • 300-400g Longbeans

  • 100g Dried shrimps

  • 7-8pcs Shallot

  • 4 cloves Garlic

  • 5pcs Red chilies

  • 1pc Habanero or 3pcs Chili padi (I put them all!)

  • 1/2"x1" Belacan (Shrimp paste)

  • Water or Tamarind juice

  • Sugar (in case too spicy)

.
Methods

  1. Wash longbeans and cut to 2" long. Heat up wok with some oil and lightly fry the longbeans till 60/70% soft. Lift them up.

  2. Grind (blender) dried shrimps, shallots, garlic, red chilies, habanero and belacan. Add about 3 tbsp oil and fried the paste and adding a little oil after every 2 minutes and fry till fragrant. (try to fry using medium fire)

  3. Add in fried longbeans into the chili paste and stir for a while, add some water (about 3/4 cup) and cover, stir occassionaly till the longbeans turn soft. Serve.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, must be really spicy. The chilli padi is sooo...small !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Very good , easy to cook healthy Malaysian recipes.

    kenwahfy(health+harmony=prosperity)


    http://healthyrecipes2you.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? got special request samo? I also wanna request!! hehehe yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Habanero is so spicy!!!!! Cannot tahan la.

    ReplyDelete