Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Air Fried Chicken 65 - Dried version

I've not heard of Chicken 65 until I moved to Melbourne. Probably I did not dine enough in Indian restaurants when I was in Malaysia hence a little behind on their offerings. I fell in love with it on my first try at this little Malaysian Indian restaurant named Indian Delight and has been ordering it each time i dine there. I went to try others too but some are just way too spicy!


The other day I bought 1.2 kg of chicken wings and was wondering what can I cook with them? So, I went through all the saved recipes from FB and found a sharing by this lady in Malaysia and decided to try as she made it look so easy. Just add everything and marinate overnight! However, she deep fried her chicken and that was the last thing I want to do. And my good friend, Black Knight the air fryer came to my rescue! No used oil to discard and minimal mess in the kitchen... I tweaked the recipe a bit to suit our taste buds (need to be kids friendly so its less spicy) and to suit air frying method.




Ingredients


  • 1.2kg          Chicken wings
  • 2 tbsp         Garlic & ginger paste
  • 1.5 tbsp      Coriander powder
  • 1 tsp           Turmeric powder
  • 2 tbsp         Chili powder (put more if you want more spicy
  • ¾ tsp          Salt
  • ¼ tsp          White pepper
  • 4 tbsp         Greek yogurt/plain yogurt
  • 2 sprigs      Curry leaf (chopped)
  • 6 tbsp         Corn flour
  • 3 tbsp         Rice flour


Methods

  1. Clean the chicken wings and pat dry with kitchen towels. Cut into 2 sections.
  2. Mix ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and white pepper in a bowl. Pour the mixture into chicken together with yogurt and mix till well combined. Cover and leave it to marinate for 4 hours or over night for best results.
  3. Prepare corn flour and rice flour on a dinner plate and mix them well. Sprinkle the chopped curry leaf over and mix the chicken before coating the chicken with the flour and place into the basket of the air fryer. If you are deep frying, you halved the flour and mix into the chicken.
  4. Before you air fry, brush or spray some oil over the coated chicken wings.
  5. Air fry at 180C for 15 to 18 minutes and turn mid way. Remember to brush with oil after you flipped over as the flour will not cook properly without oil. Please adjust your air frying timing as sizes of the chicken may required more or less frying time.
  6. Drain on wire rack (if you put on kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil it will turn the crispiness of the skin soggy).
  7. Squeeze some lime juice over the chicken prior to serving.










No comments:

Post a Comment