Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bacon Fried Rice

Every now and then I will cook fried rice as I always have left over rice from hubby's lunch box. I tend to cook a little extra just in case he has enough to bring to work the next morning. When ever he can't fit them into his lunch box, I will fried them for lunch so I can cook a new batch for dinner.

What I have been cooking the past week when I have the extra rice is bacon fried rice since I bought a huge pack of bacon and I am trying to finish them as fast as I could. Can't be eating everyday so maybe every 3 days or so depending if I have the other ingredients with me. These fried rice is so nice to go with a cup of herbal tea :)

.
.

Fried rice is one of the best one pot meals around and kids just love them! Mine do! Especially my girl who can be very fussy with food at times but she will eat fried rice. Probably I add in loads of ingredients! :D


Ingredients

  • 1 bowl Cooked rice (from ¾ to 1 cup of rice)

  • 6-7 rasher Bacon (cut into small strips)

  • 1 stalk Spring onion (chop)

  • 2 Eggs

  • ½ Onion (chop coarsely)

  • 1tbsp Garlic (minced)

  • Salt and pepper to taste
.

Methods

  1. Heat up a non stick wok (or HCP if you have one!) and fry the bacon strips till fragrant (best when they are a little brownish on the sides). Lift up and set aside.

  2. Using the oil from the bacon, saute the minced garlic then the onion till brown and fragrant, add in the eggs and slowly break them and mix them around. When the eggs are about 70% cooked (with some wet portions to coat the rice) toss in the cooked rice and stir till well mixed with the eggs.

  3. Add in the chopped spring onion, stir till well mixed before adding in the bacon strips. Fry till the rice is loose and not clumped together. A good fried rice should have each grain on its own unless coated with egg. :)

  4. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and serve.


Notes

It is best to use freshly cooked rice than over night rice. Make sure the rice are dry if you decided to cook just before frying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment