Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Fresh Turmeric Chicken

One thing I've been dying to eat during my confinement was this fresh turmeric chicken. However, due to jaundice in baby, I was 'advised' by a few friends to avoid any ginger in large amount especially turmeric. I do not know how much effect turmeric has on newborn jaundice so to be on the safe side, I avoided it for almost 3 weeks. That means my chance of having this particular dish is pretty limited!

So, die-die on the 3rd week I begged my mom to cook it for me else I'll never have a chance! :lol: Not that I don't know how to cook it just that I don't wish to handle all the yellow stuff in my kitchen! Yeah, it can get a little colorful sometimes! :) Normally I will use turmeric powder which is less fragrant. Usually I will have them pan fried but you can always deep fried it or grill it... it is an individual preference.

I asked my mom to add in some curry leafs this time as these leafs give the dish an extra flavors! They are oh so yummy! :)
.
.

Ingredients

  • 2 pcs Whole chicken thighs

  • 80-100g Fresh Turmeric (crushed/blender)

  • 2 strands Curry leafs

  • Sesame seed oil

  • Salt for taste

  • Black pepper

.

Methods

  1. De-bone the chicken thighs (optional) and marinade with crushed fresh turmeric, some salt and black pepper for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better as the turmeric juice can absorb better) and mix in the curry leafs before cooking.

  2. Heat up frying pan with sesame seed oil and pan fried both chicken thighs till cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment