Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Spiced Pork Fried Rice

During my last stay in KL, I eat out almost every weekend with my parents as my mom made it a rule of not cooking during weekend unless it is a special occassion. My parents especially like the food served at these Hong Kong styled eating outlets which we normally referred to as char-charn-teng. We have been going to one in 1-U called Wong Kok Char-Charn-Teng located bewteen the old and new wings.

There was this time, my mom ordered this spiced pork fried rice from their menu. It tasted quite good so I decided to try it at home. Since young, I'd love eating this particular spiced pork which is called 'yuk-ting' in Mandarin. It goes well with plain rice or used as meat on stir-fry vegetable dishes.

.


.

Ingredients

  • 1 can Spiced pork

  • 1.5 Cups of Rice (pre-cooked and kept overnight in the fridge)

  • 6 strands Long beans or 12 strands French beans

  • 1/2 Cup Carrot cubes

  • 1 Bombay onion

  • 2 Eggs

  • Light soy sauce and pepper for taste



.

Methods

  1. Heat up wok with some oil and lightly fry the longbeans or French beans till 70% soft. Lift up and put aside.

  2. Lightly fry the carrot cubes till soften, lift up.

  3. Add a little oil to the wok and saute the Bombay onion strips till light golden brown.

  4. Add in the cooked longbeans or French beans and continue to stir before add in the rice.

  5. When all are well mixed, add in the beaten eggs and stir continously until mixed before pouring in the entire can of spiced pork.

  6. Stir till all are well mixed, add in light soy sauce and pepper (depending on individual preferrence)

.

5 comments:

  1. I like the spiced pork too but can't seems to find it here in US. Been looking for it at every Asian groceries store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. response to WAN - there is no spiced pork in the can here in USA. My MIL loves it so much that she bought like 20 cans from Macau when she goes back visit. If i go back to KL, I would buy a few cans for her too but not as many as 20. They are heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one meal dish for me to try :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!!!! I love that spiced pork! I can just eat that with rice!When i eat that the time, it's so cheap only RM1.20 and now the price had increase to RM3.20 per can!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] ordered their Spiced Pork Fried Rice while dad ordered their Fried Hor Fun. I was unable to decide so I ended up with this Fried [...]

    ReplyDelete