Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2006

Watercrest Soup

I was telling PiggyBeng that I ran out of idea for a soup recipe and he told me it has been a long time since he last tasted watercrest soup and *ting!* the idea came. Well, it has been sometime since we had light and clear soup and this is a good idea... Something light and clear for a change... :) A relatively simple recipe and a healthy choice as well.... However, my style is slightly different as I don't just dump in the whole watercrest bundle into the pot and boil but I separate them so I can just eat the sprouts and not the stems.





Ingredients

  • Pork ribs

  • Watercrest

  • Red dates

  • Salt to taste


Methods

  1. Wash and separate the watercrest's sprouts and stems and put them in a different bowl.

  2. Boil water in a stockpot and add in pork ribs once it's boiling. Then throw in the watercrest stems and red dates then boil for 1.5 hours.

  3. Remove the stems from the stockpot and put in the watercrest sprouts and let it boil for another 1/2 hours.

  4. Add salt before serving.

..

2 comments:

  1. hehe I always cook this too..but dunno why sometimes turn out bitter..hmm any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitter? Could it be the watercrest? Never come across before but since this soup has limited ingredients the culprit should lies in the watercrest.

    ReplyDelete