Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Fruity, Nutty Chocolate Chips Cookies

Now that I am in the mood to bake cookies, I have made another batch of really yummy chocolate chips cookies which I have been wanting to do a long time ago but did not (trying not to snack on sugar!) until a friend baked me some over Christmas. From then on, I can't stop thinking of making these addictive cookies!!!

Trolled the net and discovered some recipes and decided to gave one of it a try. I modified the recipe to our taste buds as I cut down on the sugar a little.

.

.

While making these, I discovered I can achieve 2 different types of results by modifying the amount of flour used. I did one batch with less flour and it turn out soft and chewy!

.

Ingredients

  • 227 gm Butter (room temperature)

  • 1tsp Salt

  • 200 gm Brown sugar

  • 100 gm Castor sugar

  • 2 Eggs

  • 1tsp Vanilla extract

  • 500g Bread flour

  • 1tsp Baking soda

  • 2 cups mixed of Walnut+Raisin+Chocolate Chips

.

Methods

  1. Using the paddle of your stand mixer and beat the butter, salt and sugars till creamy.

  2. Add in egg, one at a time and mix till incorporated before adding the next one.

  3. Add in the vanilla extract.

  4. Switch to low speed and slowly add in the flour and baking soda.

  5. Break up the walnut into nibs and mix with the raisin and chocolate chips and add into the butter and flour mix. Mix well.

  6. Scoop a teaspoon (heap) onto lined baking tray with at least 2cm apart.

  7. Baked in pre-heated oven at 160°C for about 12-15 minutes in middle rack one tray at a time. Remove when sides of the cookie starting to turn brown but the top is still light in tone.

  8. Remove from oven and cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack. Store in a dry air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment