Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Fried Pumpkin with Dried Prawns

I used to buy pumpkin on a weekly basis last time when Darrius was still on porridge. I cut down after he moved on to rice so I only buy once in a while. I normally steam a few slices in the rice cooker and smash it up with the rice and serve it to Darrius. Pumpkin is highly nutritional and good for kids as well as adults.

There was still a big portion left after a week so I decided to cook this dish, one of my favorite pumpkin dish. Not sure where this dish originate from but I learned it from my mom.

.
.

Ingredient

  • 200g Golden pumpkin (cut into thick slice)

  • 30g Dried prawns (soften by crushing them in a mortar & pestle)

  • 1tbsp Garlic (corsley chopped)

  • 1tbsp Brown sugar

  • 1/2 cup water

  • Light soy sauce for taste

.

Method

  1. Heat up wok with some oil and fry the dried prawns till fragrant. Lift them up and keep aside.

  2. Add some more oil to the wok and pan fry the pumpkin slices till golden brown. Lift up and set aside.

  3. Add oil to the wok again and saute the chopped garlic till fragrant. Toss in the pumpkin, stir and add in the brown sugar. Add in water, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.

  4. Toss in the dried prawns and continue to stir before adding some light soy sauce. Lift up and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Fried pumpkin with dried prawns is lovely yet simple and delicious!

    ReplyDelete