Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Herbal Chicken

This is another of my favorite dish which I have modified from the more 'difficult' version. A relative taught me how to make the Emperor Chicken which uses plastic and foil to wrap up before sending it to steam.

I find the usage of plastic (the glass paper used for craft) is not a healthy choice as we are not sure if they are considered as food grade. Hence, I omitted it. Steaming the chicken the way I'm doing it now does not compromise the taste that much and it is a more healthy alternative.

.
.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 Kampung chicken (farm run chicken) - cut into small pieces

  • A few slices of Dang Gui (Angelica sinensis)

  • A few slices of Yuk Chok (dried polygonatum)

  • 1tbsp Wolfberries (Goji berries)

  • Salt

  • Water
.

Methods

  1. Wash, clean and rub some salt to the chicken and place in a deep set plate.

  2. Place all the herbal ingredients all over the plate and add in enough water to cover the chicken pieces.

  3. Steam for 15-20 minutes until chicken are thoroughly cooked. Serve.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! And easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] seaweed cutout with my mini face cutters) with some fried snake beans with anchovies and steamed herbal chicken. Added some strawberries for his vitamin intake. He started to like strawberries now especially [...]

    ReplyDelete