Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Steamed Salted Fish with Pork

Sometimes when I'm lazy to do stir-frying I will steam my dishes instead. Well, steamed food are actually healthier as we don't have to use extra oil and we can preserved the nutritional value of the ingredients used. Another plus point is, the kitchen will stays clean! :)

Normally I will prepare such dishes a day ahead as I will marinate them first so the sauces can penetrate through the meat which will tenderise the meat and taste better too. What I used to do in the past was prepared a few bowls of the same thing and freeze them and only take out to steam when I felt like having steamed food.

A few weeks back I have some salted fish and pork belly left in my freezer so decided to clear them to create more space...
.



Ingredients

  • 1 slab Pork belly (around 300g) with little fat

  • 1 small piece of Salted fish (the Mui-Heong type - soft Tenggiri)

  • 2 Chili padi

  • 1 pc Old ginger (around 1x1")

  • 1.5tsp Corn flour

  • Black soy sauce

  • Pepper for taste

  • Water
.
Methods

  1. Sliced pork belly to thin slices. Sliced the salted fish (fry for a while on the wok with little oil to bring the fragrance out) and marinate with black soy sauce, corn flour, a dash of pepper and some water (put more if you want more sauce).

  2. Sliced the ginger and chili padi into thin strips and add into the pork and salted fish and let it marinate further until you are ready to steam.

  3. Steam for about 15-20 minutes till pork is completely cooked.

2 comments:

  1. HI DEAR :
    I am fisrt time leave message on your blog , I always look at it never post any comment . but today this disher remind my childhood my mum use to cook . will try this next week when my hubby away from home cos he don't like the smell of the saltfish .
    thank for a lovely recipe to share .
    pearly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Pearly,

    Thanks for dropping by again.
    I was quite tied up so hardly have time to post any recipes here.

    ReplyDelete