Pages

Friday, September 29, 2006

Sambal Winged Bean (Kacang Botol)

Legume is among one of my favorite food. And there are quite a few types of legume sold in the nearby market. One of the day during my weekly market trip, I saw my regular vege seller is selling winged beans.



 .

It has been a long time since I last cooked winged beans and knowing PiggyBeng will like spicy dish, I decided to get some and cook some dried prawn sambal with the winged beans I bought.

This is a short-cut recipe as I did not blend the sambal myself (lazy me) but used those ready made sambal belacan which I bought from the market... which is pretty handy! Saves a lot of time and don't have to wash the blender too! :P



Ingredients

  • 300gm Winged beans

  • 100gm Dried prawns

  • 2pcs Chili padi (cut strip)

  • 2tblsp Sambal belacan (from ready made)

  • 2 Cloves garlic

  • 50ml Water

  • Salt for taste

  • Soy sauce for taste

.
Methods

  1. Wash and sliced the winged beans to around 0.5mm thick in a slanting position.

  2. Dried prawns can be used as whole or could be chopped into tiny pieces depending on individual preference. I used them whole this time.

  3. Heat up about 2 tblsp of oil in wok and fry dried prawns until fragrant then put in the chopped garlic and ontinue to fry for another minute.

  4. Put in sambal belacan and fry till fragrant (you will feel your nose starts to itch and feels like sneezing) then thrown in the chili padi and continue stiring.

  5. Next, put in the winged beans and stir before pouring about 50ml of water in. Stir and over for 3 minutes and stir and over for another 2 minutes. This will helps soften the beans.

  6. Sprinkle some salt or a few dash of soy sauce before serving.

.

2 comments:

  1. wah wah..I love this dish too..but I always put a lot sambal belacan till it's too spicy to eat haha...must try ur recipe ;)

    looks like u are very good in cookign leh, the food looks so delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah ah moi you still awake ah????
    paiseh lar... me like to meddle meddle in the kitchen.

    Thanks for popping by wor... ;)

    ReplyDelete